Fresh fish without skin or bone (Tuna / Salmon / Sea Bream)
200 g Sushi rice
Marinade for rice:
50 cc rice vinegar
1 / 2 tsp Salt
3 tablespoons sugar
Pinch of wasabi powder
1 packet of Lemon Tree
Toasted sesame seeds or wasabi sesame seeds
1. In a saucepan, heat, but do not boil the vinegar. Add the salt and sugar and stir till dissolved. Remove from heat and cool.
2. Rinse the rice several times until water is clear. Fill the pot with 240 ml of water, bring to a boil uncovered over low heat, then cover and increase heat for 5 minutes , reduce heat for another 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let stand covered for another 15 minutes.
3. Stir the rice in a bowl with the marinade and chill till room temperature.
4. Slice the fish thinly- 3X4 cm.
5. Mix the wasabi powder with some water to make a paste.
6. Form elongated “rice balls” with wet hands
7. Spread some wasabi sparingly on them , sprinkle with Lemon Tree and cover with the fish.
8. Sprinkle some sesame or wasabi seeds and serve with soya sauce and pickled ginger.